Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Young Scientist at Work


We just started some germ experiements with a Magic School Bus kit we bought. For some experiments, we're using test tubes. For others, we had to cook up some agar to put in the petri dishes and we're busy...experimenting!


I don't know if I mentioned it before, but when I was in college I did scientific research for a few years. I LOVE science! :-) If I could go back to college and do it again, I wouldn't have become a teacher, but a research scientist. What could be more fun???



So, we're having lots of fun. I'll make sure and let you know some of the results. So far, there hasn't been much acitivity except on the yogurt experiment. That culture is really growing!

1 comment:

Robin said...

That's SO fun! I ordered some materials for GB's Chemistry course. And one of the extras I got was a bacteria kit. I think it will be fun to test faucets and such. I hope agar isn't too hard to work with. I never took Chemistry when I was in school. I know! Get out! I'll be learning right along with GB.
I can't wait to see the results of your test. What other cultures did you make?

Related Posts with Thumbnails