Friday, July 20, 2007

Geta

My friend, Ms. S, let me borrow some of her things while we're studying Japan. One year, for Halloween, she made one of her daughters a kimono and some geta (wooden clog shoes worn in Japan)! I thought she did a wonderful job and Alexandra was so happy to try these on and clomp around in them.


While studying Japan, I've enjoyed some of the posts at Ping Magazine. They have one called "Clacking with Your Wooden Japanese Clogs" that has some great photos of Japanese shoes. I especially loved some of the clogs which they use for certain jobs, like for planting rice and making tea.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Those clogs are really cool! I'll date myself and say that they remind me of the "Candie's" sandals that we used to wear in high school.... way back when!

Related Posts with Thumbnails