Sunday, January 14, 2007

Scholastic News

This year, I signed my daughter up for the 3rd grade Scholastic News magazine. It is a weekly, 4-page magazine which usually has 3-4 articles and then questions on the last page. The questions often include figuring out what the main idea is, vocabulary, reading a graph, and other questions. They also cover such things as supporting sentences, synonyms, and antonyms. This is the first magazine we've subscribed to that my daughter actually reads eagerly, cover-to-cover. We're really enjoying it (and learning too!), so I thought I'd pass that along. You can order it at www.scholastic.com.

2 comments:

janimar said...

Have you checked out Scholastic.com? They have pages for teachers that go with their magazines. Often they have other worksheets, etc.

Dana Leeds said...

Thanks, Janimar. I did know that but I'd completely forgotten and have never used them since we started getting the magazines. We'll look into it this week!
Dana

Related Posts with Thumbnails