Monday, June 12, 2006

Your Story Hour

About a week ago, I received Your Story Hour Volume 7 in the mail. This was our first time to hear this series that I found recommended on a blog I read. Wow! Were we impressed! The stories are great.

On the way to and from "art camp" last week, we listened to stories about: Joan of Arc (twice), John Bunyan (author of Pilgrim's Progress), Louis Pasteur, and George Washington Carver. Each story is 30 minutes long, but some of the people have 2-3 stories recorded about them. The tapes are done with at least several actors, and I've enjoyed all of them except one little child whose voice I don't care for very much.

I did have to stop one story. I believe it was about Dwight L. Moody. He was on an ice flow and was getting ready to kill some of his dogs to keep him warm throughout the night. I'm not sure what happened next, but I did turn it off.

There was also one story that we started, but weren't enjoying very much. It was the story about Pilgrim's Progress. We will probably try it again later.

The CD sets are expensive - I found them the cheapest at Rainbow Resource for $36. But, you get 12 one-hour CD's and they teach a lot of history. They are also speak a lot about God and how these men and women relied on and gave credit to God.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails