Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Strawberry Banana Smoothie & Ham & Cheese Pie

On Monday, I tried 2 new recipes I found on Kelli's There's No Place Like Home blog. The first was for ham & cheese pie. Both Alexandra and my husband loved it. Alexandra ate 3 slices! The crust is made with refrigerated cresent roll dough and the pie's main ingredients are Montery Jack cheese and diced ham. Kelli had linked to another blog, so you can find the recipe here.

I also found this recipe for strawberry banana smoothies through Kelli's website. (Again, she'd found it somewhere else). I only used 1/2 a banana instead of 1 banana and Alexandra still thought it tasted too much like banana. (But, I loved it!) So, next time, I'm going to double the amount of strawberries, pour hers, and then add the banana for mine. I froze the leftovers for popsicles. (Alexandra came up with the banana on the side as a decoration. She also put 5 slices around the top as a flower, but the photo didn't turn out. She loves to watch the cooking channel!)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you dressed up the smoothie with the banana slice and ice cream glass. I find my biggest challenge is presentation. I tried making smoothies last week and I think I just need a blender, I could never get it "smooth" enough and the fact that we were drinking out of some really old mugs didn't help with the visuals:)

Alycia
The Power of One

Dianne M said...

Cute picture!

Related Posts with Thumbnails