Thursday, April 26, 2007

What's in your backyard tonight? (Challenge)

I went on a little photo shoot tonight while trying to learn how to do some close up photography. I'd love to challenge some of you other bloggers to photograph some of what's in your backyard for one evening. Please let me know if you take my challenge and I'll be sure to take a peek! (All of these photos look so much better as I see them on my full computer screen. I think you can click on them to enlarge them.)



An assassin bug nymph on hydrangea that is getting ready to bloom.

An assassin bug nymph on a leaf.


One of our Sego Palms


My beautiful, precious daughter. I love her eyes in this photo! She chose this pose all by herself.
I think I'm going to change it into black and white.


Unidentified mushrooms.


A pinecone. I love this shot! And, it wasn't exactly what I was going for...


Just an ordinary house fly on the side of our house, but I like the way it turned out. I'm really practicing my close-up shots and got much better after the almost 100 shots I took today. (So glad I'm digital!)


My dog chewing on a pinecone. (I'm sure that's not healthy. She also likes to chew on wood.)


A gecko that turned out great, especially as it was pretty dark outside.

3 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

Beautiful! You are an extraordinary photographer. :-)

http://steph-roomofmyown.blogspot.com/

Robin said...

I love that pic of Alexandra! If my daughter were messing with the photo, she'd turn it black and white also, but leave the eyes blue. She loves to emphasize one color in photos.
I might accept your challenge. I'm not as good a photographer as you are. I don't think my camera works as good on close-ups, but I'll give it a try and see.

Teacher of One said...

I accept your challenge!
Maybe we should do this each season...

Christie/IN

Related Posts with Thumbnails