Friday, December 01, 2006

Click Beetle & Our Morning

My daughter and I love click beetles - the little beetles that when they are lying on their back, make a "click" and fly in the air, hopefully landing on their feet. So, this morning as I was getting ready to shower, I found one in the hallway and gave it to her to play with.



After getting out of the shower, I found her crying in her bathroom because the click beetle had went down the drain in her sink. She had pulled the plug out of the sink, so we got a flashlight and looked down the drain. Sure enough, I saw the little guy struggling at the bottom in a little bit of water. He just couldn't climb out.
So, I got some yarn, and tried to put it down the hole. It kept getting stuck, so I decided I needed a weight on it. I attached a safety pin, and it finally reached down to our helpless bug. He started climbing up the yarn, so I slowly pulled him to safety.
 
He is now sitting in a bug box, but Alexandra wants to put him back up in the attic, "where he came from", with his mom & dad. I'm not sure where he'll end up yet, but what an eventful morning.
P.S. I keep trying to put spaces between the paragraphs, but for some reason it won't let me! Also, the picture is of our click beetle on his back, ready to "click!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails