Saturday, May 15, 2010

Seuss' The Butter Battle Book & The Cold War

I have mentioned the Free Technology for Teachers blog several times since I found it a few weeks ago. I am finding so many wonderful resources there! Today he had a post about the Cold War and a book/video by Seuss titled "The Butter Battle Book." The book was written in 1984 and the movie was produced in 1989. It is an alleghory about the Cold War written during the Cold War. We won't be studying this time period until next year, but I went ahead and explained the basics to Alex and we watched the video online. And, that is one reason I love to blog and love Google Reader - I will have this resource saved for next semester and other families might be able to use it, too.



2 comments:

Kris said...

I saw this posted on another group which has 22 recommendations for technology in the classroom:

http://www.slideshare.net/dkapuler/best-of-web-1

Donna said...

Hi Dana, I wanted to let you know that you are one of the Ten Blogs I awarded my Sugar Doll award to.

I love this story by the way. Two kids acted this out as a duo speech and it went all the way to finals in NCFCA.

It was excellent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails