Friday, March 30, 2007

Driving to Colorado

Alexandra, my mother-in-law, and I are on vacation now! We drove through Kansas to Colorado today. The weather was great, unlike yesterday.



We stopped at the Limon Heritage Museum & Railroad Park in Coloardo. This is our 3rd year to take a spring vacation - just the 3 of us. One of the things we love about traveling together, is just stopping whenever and where ever we want to stop.




We also stopped at Burlington's Old Town Museum which was built like a city from the turn of the century. One of my favorite buildings was the barber shop/beauty salon. Can you imagine getting a perm with this contraption???



I also enjoyed the one-room school house. My grandmother used to teach at one in Kansas!

I was also excited to see some tumbleweeds... and... some wild turkeys!!! I know this is not a very good picture, but I got so excited when I saw them that I had to stop the car and get out and take a few photos. There was one male (I think - he was all puffed up) and 5 or 6 others (females?). They were actually going "gobble gobble gobble" and running around. I was just so thrilled!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Omg! I don't know if I told you, but I used to own a hair salon. What I would give to see that little old salon and have some of those old pieces for myself. The little school house is adorable, also.
I used to live in Kansas when I was a child, and I'd love to go back some day and really appreciate it as an adult.
Plus, my dh would love to go see the KC Royals play. He swears they are going to be good next year...LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails