Saturday, February 17, 2007

Shapes

Yesterday, Alexandra learned about 3D shapes with ALEKS math. I went online and found some "shape nets" - a new term to me. A shape net is the pattern you use to fold into a 3D shape. For example, I printed out a net for a rectangular prism. We cut it out, folded it, and created a rectangular prism!

Alexandra had lots of fun taping her shapes together. Then, she turned them all into dice! She even made a dice store and got all of our dice out to sell to me. Her store had a sign and everything! And, I was surprised how many dice we now have - plenty for all of our games, but I'm sure I'll buy more. I just love them! The more colors & shapes the better!
 
This tied in nicely with a book we read a couple of weeks ago called Sir Cumference and the Sword in the Cone by Neuschwander.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails