Sunday, February 18, 2007

President's Day - Lincoln

Tomorrow, for our small co-op, we're doing a short study for President's Day. I'm going to be teaching about Lincoln, so I thought I'd share what I'll be doing ahead of time in case it might help someone.

  1. Talking about why Lincoln is nicknamed "Honest Abe"
  2. Printing out a little book about Lincoln
  3. Reading the book Mr. Lincoln's Whiskers and then discussing the parts of a letter and having the children write a letter about something we're studying
(Thanks for the help on my links, B! Also, for everyone else, the "Honest Abe" link takes you to the correct page, but I can't find the "Honest Abe" article now that President's Day is past - updated 2/20/07)

1 comment:

bprincephoto said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails