Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Beautiful Moths in Black & White



I have come across 3 incredible black & white moths in the past couple of weeks. I found 2 of these in a few days where Alex takes weekly classes.



It is a Giant Leopard Moth. Great name, huh? As a caterpillar, he is a "wooly bear" which should never be touched as their bristles can break off and cause a rash.



And, this one is SO gorgeous!!! I think it might be a type of ermine moth, but I'm not sure. His legs& antennae are incredible! Hopefully, you can enlarge this one.

9 comments:

live4evermom said...

Wow what a great find! Amazing

Donna said...

Absolutely Beautiful!
I have never seen any like that...

Lana said...

That is awesome! Seems to be in touch with his designer side. :)

Blessings to you,
lana

rachaelnz said...

Wow, they are amazing. They should be called "Dalmatian Moths!"

Dana said...

Wow, they really are beautiful!

Rhonda said...

What wonderful finds! Just amazing!

Brandy Ischy said...

great finds. the giant leopard moth is beautiful!

Robin said...

Wow! Beautiful! I've never, ever seen a moth like that. You have such a keen eye. It makes me wish I could be with you on a nature walk.

April said...

Wow!!! Never seen one of these before! Love the circle spots on him! I'm wondering if we have any of these where we live, probably not but I have to do a search to see:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails