Monday, May 26, 2008

Wet Pants...

So, why did I jump into the pool tonight and get wet pants??? To go after our luna moth.


Yes, our luna moth emerged last night. I heard him wiggling around, which usually only happens in the morning. Too bad I didn't go and check on him. I was on the phone for about 20 minutes, and when I came back into the living room, I saw him sitting on the side of the butterfly hut!


This evening, we decided to let "him" free. We took him out in the backyard and opened up the hut and Alexandra tried to let him crawl on her. He ended up getting out of the hut and flapping around on the ground. Next thing we knew, he was headed for the pool and we couldn't stop him. He fluttered into the pool and landed on the water. I jumped in past my knees and reached gently under him and picked him up and put him back in his hut.

Tonight, we have him sitting in his hut, but with the door opened - and not in the yard with the pool but in a separate fenced in area. Our hope is that if he can fly, he'll fly away during the night.

We were hoping to get photos of us holding him, but that just didn't work out. But, he is beautiful and we were so happy to have this experience.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Gorgeous!!! And I totally would have done the same thing!LOL!

Rhonda said...

It is beautiful! I don't blame you one bit for jumping into that water. I think that it was well worth it.

Ms Eva said...

Stunning! I would have jumped, too! :D

Melissa said...

Very beautiful! What a neat experience. And yes, I would have jumped too!

Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89

Marbel said...

Oh that is beautiful. And the picture reminds me of our butterfly project a few years ago!

RSCAftermath said...

Oh I love Lunar Moths. I found one sitting on my door the other night. Here is a picture of the Lunar Moth

Related Posts with Thumbnails