Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Our Busy Day (Tuesday)

We had a busy day yesterday. After doing school at home, I took Alexandra to her Tuesday classes. One of the moms called me over and I saw the kids all gathered around looking at something...


And what were they looking at?
This tortoise. I love how these kids get "into" nature!



And, I was really surprised at how fast he could move!

This was the last day of class, and Alexandra and her classmates put on a puppet show and dance as a conclusion to their rainforest adventures. Alexandra is the monkey puppet - 4th from the left. The kids did a great job.

One of the moms shared her amazing talent (she's never had a lesson!!!) and made this great cake!!! Each child got the decoration to match their puppet, so Alexandra got the cute brown monkey. The cake was delicious, too! And, the mom has promised me a lesson this summer. :-)

We ended the day with Alexandra's first piano recital! I can't believe how far she's come in one year. She started the year playing songs that only used one key and one finger. Now, she's playing with both hands and 2-note chords! She did a GREAT job and we are so proud of her.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful day! I loved that cake! It was adorable! Thank you for sharing the video of Alexandra playing the piano. You must be so proud. She did a beautiful job!

Katie said...

We seen a huge tortoise in Florida and was amazed too and how fast they can move. The cake is beautiful. Tell your daughter great job playing the piano!

Robin said...

Bravo! Bravo!
See! I knew it would all turn out great! What a productive and fascinatingly diverse day!
Tell Alexandra I'm applauding here in Virginia!
And, man, I wish I could make a cake like that. It was awesome!

Melissa said...

I love your tortoise video. And your daughter's piano recital...bravo!

Blessings,
Melissa
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89

Kim said...

The video really does justice to seeing this turtle move!! A still picture or words would have never given me that image in my mind. That is AMAZING how fast he moved. Catching it on video was a fabulous idea!

Alexandra is great on the piano!!! She did a wonderful job! That was really nice.

Kim

Related Posts with Thumbnails