Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Heidi... Another Snail!!!

PeeWee is doing very well, even though I still don't feel like I know what I'm doing. We've had PeeWee since last Monday, so I'm please with that. We were wanting to find another snail so we could possibly have baby snails. I read that you can see their little heart beats!



Well, two days ago - during daylight! - I saw a snail's shell lying near where we found the first one. The snail was not "out", so I was hoping he was alive. I'd been told that you can run warm, not hot!, water over them to wake them up, so we gave it a try. It took over a minute, but it worked! We were so excited. Alexandra named him/her Heidi (actually she says Hidey, because it likes to hide).
We've ordered a book from the library called Snailology that is supposed to teach us more about taking care of the snails. I'm still worried that we're going to accidentally kill them!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails