Friday, January 04, 2013

Book Review: A Christmas Blizzard

I picked up about six Christmas books right before I left town for the holidays. I don't care for Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon Days show, but thought this book looked interesting and took it with me.
 
 A Christmas Blizzard is about a rich man named James Sparrow. His wife loves Christmastime, but James would rather escape to their private home in Hawaii. He also has a very strange fear that haunts him every winter.

This Christmas, his wife is sick and he is debating whether or not to go to Hawaii without her. Taking a quick trip on their private jet to visit a sick relative, James finds himself stranded due to a blizzard. From there, the story gets even stranger as James has something like A Christmas Carol encounter.




The book was a quick read at slightly less than 200 pages. I really didn't enjoy the story very much - it was just too strange. If you enjoy Garrison Keillor, you'd probably enjoy this book more than I did!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails