Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Camp!

I just dropped Alex off for her first week-long camp! Oh, this is hard! But, I know she'll have fun. I actually didn't take any photos... she didn't want me to. But, here is Alex at the same camp back in November when we did mother/daughter camp. (We actually stayed in a boys' cabin that time, so hers looks a little different.) 

She is really excited, but also a little nervous. I would appreciate prayers for both Alex and myself... especially tonight and tomorrow. I think these will be the hardes 24 hours! Alex only knows one girl at camp, one of the girls from mother/daughter camp. But, we haven't seen her since November AND that girl is with a lot of friends from church. So, I'm praying that Alex makes some friends (or a great friend) quickly and that she really feels like she belongs. I'm praying for friendship and safety and that she will learn and grow. I'd appreciate my blogging friends' prayers, too! I think this will be a hard few days! (Oh... and this is a another picture from mother/daughter camp where her arm is in a sling... because she fell off the bunk and broke her wrist! Yep!)

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I remember her breaking her wrist last summer. Poor baby. I am sure that she is going to have a wonderful time and will make lots of new friends. Sending prayers her way and your way also. Dana. I know that it is hard having her away from you.

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Added this to my prayers for the week. Try to enjoy some time for yourself and not worry too much. I know, I know, easier said than done.
(hugs)

Paula (Belgium) said...

Hi, Alex, you deserve this Versatile Blog Ward. Please, have a look at:

http://web.me.com/kuitenbrouwer/Paula_Kuitenbrouwer/Be_Creative_Blog/Entries/2010/7/26_Thank_you_for_the_Versatile_Blog_Award.html

Hope you like it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails