Sunday, July 04, 2010

Albuquerque Day 2 - Explora Museum

On Day 2, we went to an amazing children's museum - Explora. As we were pulling up, I saw this road runner! My first! And, he had a lizard in his mouth! I pulled over quickly and grabbed my camera. Unfortuantely, he was running away so this is the quality of my photo. But, I was thrilled to see this road runner! 

This was my nephew's (Hunter) favorite part of the museum. It was a water feature where you could press and release buttons and make the water shoot out in different ways. We spent a lot of time here, and we all enjoyed it.

Here Alex is creating a stop-action movie! I love how it was set up to make this really easy.

This shows heat. They had an ice bag and we rubbed it on our hands and they turned black. Fun!

This is the largest elevator we've ever seen. It had several chairs, a couch and a table. In fact, we weren't even sure it was really an elevator, but it was!

Hunter LOVED playing with the water. There was a whole area of the museum devoted to water and he loved it.

Here's Alex in the "wind" area building a car. Then, you put the car in front of a fan and see how far and fast it will go. Her car was a lot better than mine!

That night, I went jogging in the park a few blocks from our house while Nana, Alex, and Hunter went for a walk. Alex shot this photo. I am in the white shirt and gray shorts near the left corner. Isn't this a beautiful place? And, as I mentioned, I'm really getting into exercise right now. This week I ran 3 times, swam 2 times, worked out with weights 4 times, did 1 exercise video, and more! I've now lost 5 pounds and I'm feeling great!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Loved the photo of the road runner. This looks like a great place for kids and grown ups alike. Lots of fun. What a beautiful view for you to work out around. WOW! Congrats on the weight loss!

Paula (Belgium) said...

In Belgium we have a similar kids-exploring place: Technopolis.
It is fun and educational (and allows moms to talk together).
Kids exploring, mom getting fit, you have a great summer!

lahbluebonnet said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your break and your vacation. Great about all your exercise! If I did all that, I'd be in bed all the time. I only became that way since my head surgery. I've never figured that out.
Blessings,
Laurie

Julie said...

Looks like a wonderful time! I lived in Albuquerque years ago and have fond memories...the climate was gorgeous. The roadrunner was a nice surprise...I love it when that happens, especially when I have my camera handy :-)!
Thanks for commenting at my new blog!
Blessings, Julie

Trudy said...

I want to make sure that as much as possible that everyone else in the group is aware of when you post something for our group, The Artistic Mother's Art Group, so that you will receive visits. We now have 99 participants. That is so great! Because we are so large, it is not possible to visit each and every post that every member puts up; so when you post something related to The Artistic Mother's Art group, I would suggest that you start your title off with "Artistic Mother" to maximize your chances of others from the group paying you a visit. I look at the blog roll for our group every day; and when I see those words, I automatically know that this is a post that I don't want to miss. Please continue to check the blog roll on my blog for Artistic Mother Group related posts on a regular basis so that we can continue to encourage one another in our efforts to do a little something creative each day. Only five show at a time. Just click "Show All" to see all of the blogs. Also, keep in mind that if you are leaving encouraging comments, that will ensure that you will receive some back yourself.

Another thing you can do to help you remember to check my blog often to see if I have posted or check the blog roll to see if others have posted is you can put my blog on your blog roll and/or in your reader so you'll easily see when I've posted and you don't have to try to remember on your own.

Trudy
Host of The Artistic Mother's Art Group
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails