Saturday, January 24, 2009

Scripps Aquarium (Day 3)

I literally took several hundred photos while in San Diego, so I'm really trying to narrow it down. On day 3 we went to Scripps Aquarium.

This is the first camera I've ever owned that has an "aquarium" setting and I'm just amazed at the quality of photos I can take at an aquarium!

This was a neat tank demonstrating a kelp forest. The kelp forests are the type of environment right off the coast in San Diego. One of the videos said they planted the kelp in this tank, but the other plants have all grown from the small plankton that were floating in the water. (In the corner are Alexandra, baby H (my nephew), and my mother-in-law.)
I was fascinated by some old videos of tuna fishing. They literally had 3 or even 4 men all pulling on fishing poles to pull out one of these large tunas! Somewhere around San Diego, we saw a large version of this small sculpture.

And, the 4 of us locked in a Shark Cage - mil holding baby H, Alexandra, and myself.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Wow that aquarium is beautiful! That first photo just doesn't even look real! Your shark cage photo is funny!I can't even imagine being down in the deep waters in something like that with a Great White swimming near by. *shivers*

Related Posts with Thumbnails