Saturday, June 21, 2008

Looking Back at 2005...

I guess I'm feeling kind of like a more seasoned homeschooler as we just completed our 3rd year. Just yesterday I was talking with a mom who has 2 upper-elementary aged daughters and they are just starting their homeschool journey. At the convention 2 weeks ago I ran into 2 friends who will both be starting homeschooling this year. And, at gymnastics, I made a new friend who I'm helping out as she starts homeschooling her 3 kids next year. So, having homeschooled for 3 years feels like quite a lot, though I know several women who have been homeschooling for close to 20 years!

Sherri, over at Our Place, just finished her 3rd year, too. She had a post reviewing their year and showing some "then" and "now" photos. So, I thought I'd do the same!

So, here are some photos from our first few months of homeschooing in the fall of 2005 when Alexandra was 4 and turned 5. I used to post small photos, so that is why they are small.

Painting like Monet
Dissecting an owl pellet
Making an ice snowman for FIAR
States of matter Wright brothers pretzle/graham cracker airplane
Lite Brite constellations
Model of earth layers
Cutting out a model of the eiffel tower

Model of Leaning Tower of Pisa during Galileo studies

Edible insect - yummy!!!
Hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane! Where did the time go?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, how sweet! I just may have to put that on my "want to do blog entry list". I can tell you are such a great homeschooling Mom!

Blessings!
Melissa

Rhonda said...

Aww this is so sweet. I love walking down memory lane with you. We completed our third year of homeschool also. I feel so much more confident this year and love it when a homeschooling mom asks me for info. I remember a time when I was the one asking all of the questions.*smile* We would homeschool with y'all anyday Dana. Congrats on making it through year three.

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

I loved seeing all those pictures! It's funny that we've only been doing this a few years and yet we're starting to feel "experienced"! That's a wonderful part of life, though: learning from those who have more wisdom & experience than we do, and sharing what we have learned whenever possible, too. :-)

Delete said...

Great post! It really is amazing how fast time passes and how much we learn along our homeschooling journey. We're going into our 3rd year and in just 2 years I can't believe how quickly things have passed and how much more secong nature the homeschool life has become.

Jenna

Robin said...

I love seeing these old pictures. My God, she's adorable! She looks so happy too!

Teacher of One said...

Wow! How little she looks. I heard a great speaker this weekend he said when we become parents "The days are long but years short." How true!

Related Posts with Thumbnails