Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday - Decluttering

Well, today I decided we needed to declutter. I let Alexandra watch tv this morning around 8:30 while I got to work. About 9:00, she wanted to join me. We worked hard and I finally went upstairs to have a shower at 11:30.


After that, we had lunch, Alexandra read me a book, and then we had rest time. When we got up, we finished putting some stuff away and did about 45 minutes of "school" - just Bible study & some workbooks that we'd "found" today.


We went outside for about 20 minutes to "play discovery" as Alexandra is now calling the time we look at nature.
  1. First of all, we found four mushrooms! It's been raining a LOT the past few day and I guess they enjoyed the rain.
  2. Secondly, we looked at the moss that is growing on our tree. There is also some kind of fern-like plant growing off the side of the tree that I'd like to know more about.
  3. And, lastly, we found a bug. I went to www.whatsthatbug.com and found out that it is a true bug called a leaf footed bug. I was proud of myself for identifying him! (It's the same website I used to identify my assasin bugs.)

We then ran to the grocery store, came home and gobbled some dinner (didn't have time to cook, so grabbed some fast food, unfortunately), and then we were off to ice skating lessons. After lessons, we came home and had dessert, and then it was bedtime!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails