Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Rainbow in a Cloud


On August 27th, we were swimming in our pool and Alexandra said she saw a rainbow. I looked up, and there was a rainbow ON a cloud - not in the sky! I had just read about these and was amazed to see one. They're called circumhorizontal arcs. I didn't think I'd have time to get my camera, but it ended up lasting for about 20 minutes, so I took a couple of photos unsure of how they'd turn out.

There is a picture of a better one (ours never looked this amazing) at the following site:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/06/060619-rainbow-fire.html

How neat it was to learn about something and then see one in person within a few months! And, doesn't God make beautiful things for us to marvel at?

This same night was also the night we saw a hummingbird and I decided to get a hummingbird feeder. We've had it up about a month and it is emptied regularly, but we've only seen a hummingbird at it twice.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I just don't know what to say.... Isn't that the weirdest thing? I've never in my life heard of such a thing. You live and learn every day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails