Monday, March 09, 2009

Preparing for Pi Day

As I mentioned earlier, Saturday is Pi Day (since 3.14 is March 14th). Here are some of our plans.

To start with, we will read Sir Comference and the Dragon of Pi by Cindy Neuschwander and Wayne Geehan. (We love this whole series of books!) Then, we will "discover pi" using this site. We'll also watch the BrainPop video about pi.

We will also be doing some circle art using compasses and this post by ArtSmart4Kids about artist Frank Stella.

We'll be on Spring Break (yeah!!) or I would probably do more. But, we will also possibly have pizza and make a giant cookie "cake" for dessert. (Alexandra doesn't care for pies.)

Hope you have fun on Pi Day! Oh, and remember it is Einstein's birthday, too!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry, really busy day, didn't get it posted. I will let you know as soon as it's up though.

Anonymous said...

Of course you must eat pie at 1:59 pm! Fun.

Ms Eva said...

Oh! Thank you so much for posting this... gives me great ideas!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

I knew it was Pi day, but really hadn't even thought of doing anything for it! These are fun ideas; I might borrow some of them!

Unknown said...

It's up. Finally.
Enjoy.

Robin said...

Missed it again! That's what I get for not keeping up with my blogs for a couple of days. ;-(
Anyway, I can tell you guys had fun. Do you pay for the whole Brainpop site? I've thought about it, but wondered if it was worth it. It looks pretty expensive.

Related Posts with Thumbnails