Friday, March 20, 2009

Balancing Eggs with Mark Kistler



As I mentioned yesterday, today is the equinox and some people believe you can only balance an egg on the equinox. I've balanced an egg before and it wasn't on the equinox. Well, we tried it again today, but we weren't able to do it. I know there is a skill to it and last year I was able to balance quite a few eggs. But, today, I wasn't patient enough and didn't remember the 'trick.' So, instead, Alexandra and I drew some eggs standing on their end - Ninja Eggs, that is.

For $40, we recently bought a 3 year subscription to Mark Kistler's website through Homeschool Buyers Co-op and have been having fun learning to draw. I am especially enjoying learning to shade. Anyway, these were our Ninja Eggs and we'd draw them since we weren't able to make any eggs balance.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow - the ninja eggs look great! I'll have to look into Mark Kistler's site.
I had never heard the egg/equinox thing - thanks for teaching me something new!
You commented at my blog a while back, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Thanks for dropping by!
Blessings,
Shannon @ Song of My Heart

Related Posts with Thumbnails