Monday, March 02, 2009

Pi Day Plans

The 21st annual Pi Day (3/14 or 3.14) is coming up next Saturday and I've been searching for some fun things to do. Last year was the first time I'd heard of it and I didn't have much time to plan since I found out on 3/13.

So, first of all, I was letting everyone know so they can plan! But, I'm also wondering if you have some fun Pi plans that you could share with me.

Also, I've seen several versions (some on YouTube) of the American Pi song, but I enjoyed these lyrics. Here's part of it (sang to the tune "Bye, bye, miss American Pie...")

Find, find the value of pi
3 point 1 4 1 5 9 2 6 5 3 5 8 9...
A good ol’ fraction you might hope to define
But the decimal never dies, the decimal never dies.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Oh my, you have me singin'...

Shanna said...

My dad came for a visit today and was very excited to tell the kids that today was a square root day (which apparently only happens seven times in a century)...it's the third day of the third month in the ninth year. Anyway, now I'll have to tell him about pi day!

Anonymous said...

Live and Learn Press offers several free lapboks to members of their Yahoo Group. They just added a new one for Pi Day. I haven't looked at it yet, but their stuff is usually pretty good. And yu can't beat free!

Related Posts with Thumbnails