Monday, December 10, 2012

Book Review: And Then There Were None

Last night I finished And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. Alex read this last year and loved it and kept suggesting I read it. So, I finally did.


About halfway through the 300 page book I was not enjoying it, but I kept reading. The book is about a group of ten strangers who are lured to a small, isolated island. By the end of the night, one of them is dead. And, so they begin to die. But, who is killing them off? Is it someone hidden on the island? Or perhaps is it one of the ten?

What I didn't like about the book was the fact that I didn't really get to know the ten people and so I really didn't have feelings for them. So, as they started to die, it did not bother me! But, my feelings changed towards the end. I read straight through the last 100 pages - I just couldn't put it down as I needed to know who would survive and who was committing the murders! However, even then, I really didn't care much for the people and did not feel upset when someone died.

This was my first book to read by Agatha Christie. I didn't enjoy it very much, though I know she's a popular author. I'm glad Alex enjoyed it and I believe my sister has read quite a few of her books and enjoyed them. If you've read this book, or others by this aughter, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

liese4 said...

Where you get to know people in Christie's writing is through her Marple and Poirot books. For watching them, David Suchet is a master at making Poirot come to life (and he is so sweet, he sent us 3 signed photos when we asked for a signature.) For Marple, she is a bit drier and more British, but Joan Hickson plays the best Ms. Marple.

Related Posts with Thumbnails