Monday, July 23, 2012

Do you recognize this? It's "Monet's Garden!"


Yes, it's Monet's Garden! We had an incredible time visiting Giverny, the place of Monet's gardens, in Normandy, France. The weather this day was perfect and the gardens were more beautiful than I had imagined.


When you enter the gardens, you are first in a real garden area. It is HUGE! There are probably 8-12 rows that you can wander down. Unfortunately, I only took closeups so I can't really give you a good idea of what it looked like. We also saw quite a few gardeners busy pruning and doing other garden jobs.


Alex took lots of photos with my 'big' camera!
After leaving the regular gardens, you go through an underground tunnel. I believe the tunnel went under a road. Then, you go on a fairly long path that winds around different water features... until you arrive at the famous waterlily pond (1st photo). Wow! It's gorgeous!


It's very hard to get a photo of yourself alone on the famous bridge, though we did manage to get one of my mother. It was really crowded around the main pond, but there were other, quieter areas. Alex & I posed on this bridge that was behind the waterlily pond and were able to get a shot of just the two of us.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

AWESOME! Oh! A place to put on my bucketlist.
Blessings, Dawn

lahbluebonnet said...

Yes! I immediately recognized it! How fun!
Blessings,
Laurie

Dana said...

I DID recognize it! Wow, it's beautiful. I love that you got to see it in person!

Karen said...

I recognized it too. I am blown away that you got to go here. Oh my gosh I would love this Dana! LOVE the pictures. More please. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails