Wednesday, March 17, 2010

got census?

We received our Census 2010 form earlier this week. Since Alex was born in late 2000, this is the FIRST census she has been included on! And, as a genealogist, I love the census! How else would I track my ancestors? So, I was excited that this is a census year. (And, I'll be excited in 2012 when the 1940 census is released to the public! Each census is "private" for 72 years.)


So, Alex and I have been completing a Census Lapbook created by A Journey Through Learning. (It is on sale at CurrClick for only $4.) This lapbook also comes with a study guide, so most of the information is right there for you! (You do look up some numbers on the internet.) I think we have 3 little booklets to finish and then we need to put it all together.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I got my census in the mail yesterday. But one week ago I got a stupid little letter from Uncle Sam telling my that in one week we would be GETTING the census. What a monumental waste of taxpayers money. I guess they're trying to bolster the ailing postal service. All that postage and all that paper!
Sorry, I'll step off my soapbox now.
Maybe the census would be more interesting if we were lapbooking it. I love the lapbooks.

Jill O. Miles said...

I was thinking the same thing Robin!

THE CRAZY ZEBRA PERSON! said...

SEND IT IN!!!

Sarah Panagos said...

Thanks for sharing! I got Zoe the lapbook also and we are working on it now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails