Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

I love to post my recipes because then I can make them even when I'm out of town and don't have my recipe file! I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Stacy.



Ingredients:
12.5 oz can white chicken (drained) (I've also used larger cans)
8 oz light sour cream
1 can cream of chicken
1 can green chilis (we use mild)
2 cups cheese (Mexican or Sharp Cheddar)
garlic salt
ground cumin
flour tortillas
green enchilada sauce


Directions: Mix chicken (break up chunks with fork), sour cream, cream of chicken, and green chilis together in bowl. (I add the green chilis later as Alex doesn't like them in hers.) Season with cumin (about 1/2 tsp) and garlic salt to taste. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Mix together and fill tortillas. (I use about 10-12 tortillas.) Cover with green enchilada sauce and remining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375-400 degrees.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh yum! I am going to have to try this one.

Robin said...

That is a good idea, especially since you're out of town so much. Plus, it gives you a chance to give your moms a break from the cooking every now and then.
I love this recipe, btw, can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite recipes. I love to use fresh chicken breast just boil a couple boneless or bone in chix breasts for 25 minutes then shred with a forl YUM!

lahbluebonnet said...

Oh how yummy looking. I so miss Tex Mex and Blue Bell!
Blessings,
Laurie

Related Posts with Thumbnails