Saturday, September 12, 2009

My First Notebooking Pages

I've been wanting to try notebooking pages for a long time. But, I wanted them to be made for "us." So, I finally searched online to find out how to make these pages! I first went to Jimmie's Squidoo lens which took me to Gidget's Homeschool Treasure Trove (since she uses Word which is what I wanted to use.)
Above is my first attempt. We are using Mystery of History Volume 2 this year and I wanted a page about the Colosseum. I saw pages made by Heartwork in Progress and was going to use them, but thought I'd try to make my own so I can use them for any topic. Basically, when using Word, you insert text boxes to fill with photos, lines (I just hold the underscore key down), and the title. If you right click on the frame of the text box, you can vary the thickness of color of your border.
I made this second attempt a little more interesting by using WordArt for the title.

And, on this one, Alex changed the style of the WordArt and the font and I found out how to add shadows. The shadows are on the WordArt toolbar at the bottom of Word and are green with various shadows.
I have made several other pages and really like this one as I added a photo of Alex taken in front of a piece of the Berlin Wall which we took at a museum. I love how you can really personalize these pages!!! I'm excited to do more pages and am already working on a few more for next week.

6 comments:

live4evermom said...

You did a great job! I love making our own notebooking pages. I've done lots of them for nature study.

Rhonda said...

Very nice job! WTG!

Kris said...

Fancy!!! I've made very simple pages using Word, but I never thought about using WordArt to jazz them up. Gotta get working on some...

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

They look great!

Robin said...

Yes! These are exactly the reasons why I love notebooking. You've done a lot of work on them, but the memories of the work will stick with you guys forever.
Nice job!

Unknown said...

You did so well! Those are really pretty. Isn't it great to be able to personalize your materials?

Related Posts with Thumbnails