Sunday, October 12, 2008

Albert Einstein Quotes

One of our museums just opened an exhibit about Albert Einstein. Now, I'm in the process of trying to find some books or some activities to do to learn about this amazing man. While searching, I ran across Why Homeschool's blog which had listed these quotes attributed to Einstein: (By the way, if you have any ideas... let me know, OK?)

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."


"Love is a better teacher than duty."


"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."


"Information is not knowledge."


"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
 "Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character."

5 comments:

Shanna said...

Thank you for posting these. They are wonderful.

Carrie Thompson said...

I love quotes!

http://www.currclick.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=albert+einstein&quicksearch=1&search_filter=&filters=&search_free=&search_in_description=1&search_in_author=1&search_in_artist=1

I looked at currclick for a lapbook and there is a really cool one where you make a suitcase and everything, very neat looking and it is on sale???

Just a thought and I might go back and get it myself!

Robin said...

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."

I love that quote!!
I think I'm gonna put it on my blog somewhere.
He was such an amazing man. I'll bet everyone thought he was a total weirdo. But what an incredible thinker. I'd love to have a sit-down with him.

Anonymous said...

Great Quotations!

90% of what I learnt in my school days was what I learned independently.

Go figure!

satish said...

i love that quote
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
before i was not interested in science but when i study about einstin i was so happy that...i started taking innterest in science
and i think his quotes all r right .!!
if any 1 say that u can meet einsten for that i can do any thing......
" people take birth on earth normally . no one is genious at the time of birth "

Related Posts with Thumbnails