Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Morning After Ike

Just a quick update. We are still up north in the Dallas area... and are expecting to feel some of the affects from Ike as a Tropical Storm this afternoon and evening. I did talk to 3 friends from our neighborhood today.

Some friends at the back of our neighborhood reported electricity was out at 4 am; 2 large trees down (75-100 foot tall - one theirs & one their neighbors) - 1 landed on a fence and 1 landed between the 2 houses but did some damage to each; other fences down.

At my house, no one has ventured outside yet and they are still experiencing tropical storm winds and will be for quite a few more hours. From what they can see we have the following damage:
  • the landscaping, including tall palms, around my pool is badly damaged - we had 2 huge palm trees that are broken and torn (I know I have some photos of our pool on the blog, but I can't find them right now)
  • all of the fence along the side of the house is down and large pieces of the fence behind me is gone - I don't know about the other side
  • we have 3 large trees - there is no report on one of them (no one can see it from their house) but the other 2 are standing, but have large branches down
  • thankfully, NO FLOODING! (as our house is on the corner and always the first to be threatened)

It's not over yet, but thankfully things look pretty good. I have no idea when we'll be able to go home, but I'll hopefully know more tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again for all of your prayers! Please continue to pray and I'll let you know when I hear more.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I've been thinking about you all day and wondering about your poor house. I hope that you go home to much less damage than you expect. And I am so glad that you are safe in Dallas. Take care, my friend!

Freakmom said...

I am glad you are safe. I hope things aren't too bad when you return home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails