Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mrs. Gallon

Today we made a Mrs. Gallon (I'd actually seen this as Mr. Gallon). We were studying liquid measurement and I thought this was a great visual for both of us, as I can never remember how many cups are in a gallon or how many pints are in a quart. And, it was a fun project!


We started with a full piece of construction paper for the gallon, cut a sheet in fourths for the quarts, a sheet into eights for the pints, and another into sixteenths for the cups.

3 comments:

live4evermom said...

Love this idea. I'd never seen this. hhhmmmm might have to do this. Maybe this way I can also remember how many cups are in a gallon.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen that before-- very clever idea! I'll have to try that with my boys. It will, ahem, probably be a good refresher for me. I think I remember it correctly...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind words! They are much appreciated!

God bless you,
Marsha

Robin said...

What a great visual! We always learn best if we can visualize these kinds of topics. Thank you for posting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails