Monday, October 15, 2007

Math Fun for Fall and Halloween

We've been playing some great fall & Halloween math games the past few days. I'm sorry I forgot whose blog I read about it on, but these games come from Mathwire.

A fun game to work on coordinates

On this activity (and there is also a monster), they tell you how to color each grid square, and when you're done you have a picture. Cute!

And, with these 2 guys, we were working on symmetry. This would also be great to make a Jack-o-Lantern or a leaf person.

They have TONS more fun games and activities and we've enjoyed every one of them that we've tried. So, take a look and have some fun with math this month!
P.S. Marjorie had left a comment on my opera post asking about ideas for Hansel and Gretel. At Mathwire, they also have a graphing project for a gingerbread house that looks like fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestion of the gingerbread house and the link to your Hansel and Gretel post. It sounds like the ASO is doing the same production i.e. w/enormous puppets. I think am going to purchase a CD of the music so the kids will be familiar with it before we go. Meci beaucoups!

Robin said...

Thanks for the site, Dana! Lots of fun math games, exactly what I need!
I love those symmetry masks. And GB and I are going to have to do that monster coordinating.

Related Posts with Thumbnails