Sunday, January 21, 2007

Book About Habitats

We read a great picture book tonight called The Magic School Bus Explores the World of Animals tonight. The book centers around an animal the school kids find and they don't know how to take care of it. Ms. Frizzle decides to have the kids visit 6 habitats and the children are supposed to observe the animals and see if they can determine which habitat best suits this animal.

I thought it was a great book and I'm thinking about doing a very quick study on habitats with it at some point. Maybe I could cover 1 habitat a week? I really tend to get "lost" when I try to create a huge study. How I do things is very teacher intensive.

Also, there is a CD-ROM that ties in to the book. It sounds like fun, but we have one MSB CD-ROM (MSB Explores the Ocean) and we've been very disappointed in it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails