Saturday, July 08, 2006

Botany time

We are now back to studying Exploring Creation with Botany. We have both really like this curriculum, but I'd been having trouble finding the time to do it. Well, 3 days ago I decided to read it after lunch which is one of the times I usually read to Alexandra. It was a lot of fun! And, we've done that for 3 days now - reading Botany after a meal. We fininished up the chapter on flowers & pollinating, which is where we'd gotten "stuck." Now we're reading about seed dispersal and it's a lot of fun!

We are not notebooking, but we have been keeping a wonderful Botany journal that even has real leaves and flower parts taped into it. And, we plan on getting either a humming bird feeder or planting a butterfly garden, or both! I'm not sure what we'll do as a project for the seed dispersal chapter, but we'll probably go on a hike at our local park and look at different types of seeds and discuss how they could be dispersed.

We're having so much fun & I'm glad that I found a time for Botany - after our meals!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails