Friday, March 12, 2010

Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday

We had fun celebrating Pi Day last year, March 14th (3/14). March 14th is also Einstein's birthday!This year, Pi Day falls on Sunday. We're going to be on the road for part of the day, so I'm not sure how much we'll get to do. But, I have some ideas!


Those are just a few ideas. And, I'll leave you with some Einstein quotes I've posted before:

I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.


Love is a better teacher than duty.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

Information is not knowledge.

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.

Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist.
They are wrong: it is character.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Can you believe that this is the first year I've introduced Pi to Cade? We just learned about it two weeks ago in our Math-U-See program. But it's probably a good thing. He's not really into math so he lags a bit in that department. He likes using pi on the calculator, though.
I like your ideas. I wish I had thought about pi day earlier. But, alas, we let it slip by unnoticed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails