Sunday, November 22, 2009

Book Review: A Pearl in the Storm



I read this wonderful book a few weeks ago. It is called A Pearl in the Storm: How I Found My Heart in the Middle of the Ocean by Tori Murden McClure. I could not put this one down!

The author, Tori, writes about her two stormy trips across the Atlantic Ocean... in a rowboat! She even survives a hurricane, though she is battered, bruised, and beaten in the process. Her spirit is incredible. Her education is remarkable. And, this story is a wonderful real-life adventure where those of us who would never dream of such an undertaking can catch a small glimpse of what it would be like.

2 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Ooooo... sounds great! I'll have to look for it!

Robin said...

Another good one to recommend to the book club.
Thanks, Dana!

Related Posts with Thumbnails