Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Downtown Aquarium


We went on a field trip with our homeschool group today to the Downtown Aquarium. Tickets are usually pretty expensinve. Alexandra and I have been twice before and with parking and lunch it has cost us around $70! But, we got a great deal today for just $8 per person plus $6 for parking! And, that included a lunch of a sandwich, large bag of chips, Caprisun, fruit (apple or banana) and delicious homemade cookie! You can't beat that!!! We even got the rides for free.

I actually took about 100 photos, but decided to only post a few. I love giant clams like the one in the first photo. And, the second photo of the eel - well, you can't tell from the picture, but he is about 6 foot long!

We spent quite a bit of time watching this beautiful octopus. They are usually so still, but this one was being very active for us! I love his color and he looked velvety soft!

3 comments:

Robin said...

My favorite museums are the aquariums! I just love them. I didn't even know you had one so close. How lucky!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a wonderful time for a great price! Those are the best kind of aquariums.

live4evermom said...

I have only been once to that one because of the price but would have to loved to be in your group.

Related Posts with Thumbnails