Monday, July 24, 2006

The Lake

Last night, we went with my brother & his friends to spend an evening at the lake. Alexandra has never been to a lake, and it's been many years since I've been to one.



My brother's friend has a boat and we went on it. Alexandra and the 4-year-old were screaming with delight as we bumped along the water. We went to a quiet cove & the men took turns throwing the net in to catch some bait. After awhile, the friend decided to teach me. I was surprised at how heavy the net is and how much skill is needed. But, they all said they were impressed at how quickly I caught on. :-)



(above: picture of Alexandra and her uncle, my brother, swimming near the boat. Alexandra didn't like the fact that she had to wear a life jacket the whole time. She also would have preferred a pink jacket like her new friends...)

We never did catch anything useful with the net - only one baby catfish. After awhile, we went to another cove to go swimming. I'd forgotten how the lake has so many cold spots & warm spots. Thankfully, we didn't run into anything scary, and just had fun swimming around the boat.


Next, we tied up to a dock and let the girls go fishing. This was Alexandra's first time to fish, and she learned to cast very well. They were all having a lot of fun.

As the sun set, we went back to the dock. I got to lay flat at the front of the boat as we sped along into the sunset. It was a wonderful feeling.

The men made a fire when we got back & roasted marshmallows & made S'mores. We also looked at the stars some more and saw the Milky Way.

It was a beautiful day and I'm ready to move to the country & buy a boat!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails