Tuesday, June 05, 2012

When I Grow Up... (Camp Day 2)

Kids are always being asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" For years, Alex has been answering "A vet." And, I think it's likely she'll be one! My sister was the same way as a child... and she is now a veterinarian! And, Alex has watched (and even helped) my sister several times. She hopes to spend even more time with her this summer! But, for now, she has camp... and the junior veterinarian program!

This was my favorite photo taken from Monday. It's part of her Jr Vet course and she's listening to the heart beat of a real dog. I believe this is probably the same black lab puppy that she got to bathe on Sunday. Besides her Jr Vet course she is also taking an "Adopt a Pet" course... where you get to take care of an animal all week long! Well, at least during your hour. Her chosen pet: a chinchilla! And, I've already done research... they can't tolerate our humidity so we won't be getting one. Sorry, Alex! Enjoy while you're at camp!!!

1 comment:

Mama Teaching 3 said...

What a beautiful camp!!! She is so blessed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails