Thursday, September 04, 2008

Outdoor Hour Challenge #28: Dragonflies & Damselflies

Barb's 28th challenge was to study and try to see dragonflies & damselflies. I had seen a hot pink dragonfly a few days ago, and was so happy to see it land on our bird feeder stand today!


Isn't it beautiful?

Then, we saw a handful of bees! We hadn't been able to find any for the challenge a few weeks ago, but now we have a few. And, if you can see behind him and a little to the right... love bugs. It is definitely love bug season and they are EVERYWHERE right now. We stopped at a stoplight today and 3 "couples" landed on our windshield.

A couple of days ago, this beautiful hawk landed on our bird feeder. Wow! I took this photo through the window and then we tried to slowly open the door, but he flew away.

6 comments:

Joannof10 said...

I just love that dragonfly photo!

Rhonda said...

What a beautiful dragonfly! I have never seen one that color. We have the blue and green ones, but never the pink. I can't wait to show this photo to my girls. What a treat this will be for them. Thanks for sharing.

Donna said...

What a beautiful color for a dragonfly, I have never seen one that color before. As always your pictures are fantastic!!!!!

Robin said...

I've never seen a pink dragonfly either! How cool!
And, oh! That hawk! That would scare and fascinate me. It makes you wonder what was in your yard that he was interested in, huh? He does look majestic, though, doesn't he?

Anonymous said...

Wow, a pink dragonfly... that's cool!

Barb said...

Very cool dragonfly...aren't they amazing creatures? I am totally in awe.

The hawk...what a surprise! He is gorgeous.

Thanks so much for sharing your link,
Barb-Harmony Art Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails