Wednesday, April 09, 2008

More DNA Fun


After Alexandra's classes yesterday, the chemistry teacher helped a few of the younger kids to make candy DNA. (She'd made the models with the older kids during their class.) I had meant to do this when we studied DNA & genetics, but I didn't want to buy a whole bag of candy for just us. So, I was very happy the teacher invited Alexandra to make this model!


And, Toad Haven has some excellent genetics activities that I want to try... soon! Check them out! What a fun way to learn such a great topic!

3 comments:

Robin said...

What a cool DNA strand. We haven't covered this at all. So when we're ready, it's nice that I can come here and to Jennifer's site, and get some cool ideas.
So.... Did Alexandra EAT her DNA model?.......LOL!

Sherri said...

Fun!!!!! This is an area we haven't covered much either. I'm excited to now!

Melissa said...

What a neat activity! I'll have to make a note of that for the future when we study DNA.

Melissa

Related Posts with Thumbnails