Sunday, October 01, 2006

Nature in Our Backyard

A few weeks ago, a lady from our nature group gave us some butterfly weed. Tonight, as Alexandra & I watered it, we saw 2 tiny caterpillars (about 0.4 cm) & about 40 yellow eggs! I think the caterpillars are white with black stripes, but they are so small that it is hard to tell. We can't wait to watch them grow!

Also, on Wednesday, we put a hummingbird feeder in the backyard. By Friday morning, it was empty! I really thought that it either had a leak or the wind had blown it out. But, when we went to add new "nectar", a hummingbird buzzed right by my ear! We haven't seen him again yet, but we're watching!

And, tonight we watched a hummingbird moth fly around some of our flowers for about 10 minutes. He wasn't even bothered by us. I hope this wasn't my "hummingbird" from the feeder. We shall see.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails